At Stockport Car Scheme we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who register to use us and who visit our website, how we use the information and the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
We may change this policy from time to time, so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes. By using our website, or registering to use our service, you are agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Any questions regarding this policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to email@example.com or by telephone to 0161 476 2812 or by post to the address below:
Stockport Car Scheme
The Heatons Centre
Who are we?
We are Stockport Car Scheme, a registered charity (no. 1091546). We are dedicated to helping people in the Stockport area to get out and about if they would struggle to get there on public transport.
How do we collect information?
We obtain information from you either over the phone or through our website.
What type of information is collected?
The personal information we collect will include your name, address, date of birth, secondary contact and mobility issues and walking aids. After a period of 12 months we will check your information is still accurate when arranging transport.
Job applications and volunteering opportunities
If you apply for a job or volunteering opportunity with us we will collect information to assess your suitability for the role. We will only use the information you give us to process your application and to monitor recruitment statistics and undertake relevant checks.
Stockport Car Scheme will put together a file about your employment or volunteering role which will be kept secure, used only for matters that apply directly to your role with us and kept after your role with us has ended in accordance with our record retention policy. You can contact us to find out more about this.
How is this information used?
We may use the information to:
- Process a drive you have requested
- seek your views or comments on the services we provide;
- notify you of changes to our services;
- We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis
Who has access to your information?
- We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
- We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
- We disclose only the personal information to our drivers that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure. Please be reassured that we will not release your information to third parties beyond Stockport Car Scheme
- When you are using our secure online donation pages, your donation is processed by a third party payment processor, who specialises in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions. If you have any questions regarding secure transactions, please contact us.
How long do we keep your information?
We have a process to securely dispose of personal data that is no longer required or where an individual has asked us to erase it, or when an individual requests restricting the processing of it.
How you can access and update your information
- The accuracy of your information is important to us. If your information changes, please contact us to update this.
- You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you (we may charge £10 for information requests) to cover our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Security precautions are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information
- When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely.
Use of ‘cookies’
Links to other websites
- In addition, if you’re linked to our website from a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site.
- Data collected is used to improve our website usability and is stored and used for aggregated and statistical reporting.
Review of this Policy
- We keep this Policy under regular review. This Policy was last reviewed in February 2023.